Terms & Conditions
We believe in Fair Trade and Trading Fairly.
Please review The Moving Box Company Terms and Conditions (Terms) below.
Packaging To Go Pty Ltd (ABN 44 607 344 454), trading as The Moving Box Company, on this page may be referred to as, “The Moving Box Company”, “We”, or “Us”.
“Customer”, “You”, and “Your” shall mean the person or organisation who takes possession of the ordered goods, all of whom will be jointly and severally liable hereunder.
“Order” means the selection and payment of goods ordered through this website.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Placement of an Order on this website to The Moving Box Company’s implies full acceptance of the Terms as stated herein and implied.
2. PRICE, CURRENCY and GST
All prices stated on this website are stated in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of the 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST). Orders will be processed in Australian Dollars (AUD) only, we do not accept payments in other currencies. The Moving Box Company’s reserve the right to change prices of goods advertised on this website, without notice. Orders will not depart The Moving Box Company’s fulfilment centre until payment is received in full.
3. PAYMENT AND SECURITY
You must place your Order for goods in this, The Moving Box Company’s online store. We do not accept cash or cheque payments. We do accept email or phone orders.
Secure payment options during the website Check Out process include Visa, MasterCard, American Express debit and credit cards via Stripe portals and any other supported payment facilities, or payment direct from your PayPal account. You do not need to have or create a PayPal account to pay using your debit or credit card.
Funds are debited from your account at the time you complete your order.
We do not view, or store your credit card information at any time.
4. FREE SHIPPING MINIMUM ORDER VALUE
Minimum Order value for free shipping to selected postcodes is $70.00. You will be able to place an order for a lesser amount but any free shipping eligibility (depending on your shipping postcode) is revoked.
5. ORDER PROCESS
Orders placed on this website before 2pm (AEDT) during Business Days will be despatched from The Moving Box Company’s fulfilment centre the same day.
Orders placed on this website after 2pm (AEDT) during Business Days, Weekends or Public Holidays will be despatched from The Moving Box Company’s’ fulfilment centre the next Business Day.
Business Days are considered Monday through Friday excluding Public Holidays.
Delivery Instructions at Order Notes
At Order Notes during checkout please leave brief delivery instructions. Your delivery instructions, if any, will be copied onto the Contract Courier’s delivery labels. Your delivery instructions are a guide for the Contract Courier to follow, it is not a Guarantee that on all occasions your instructions will be followed.
You may request we change your delivery instructions, and we may agree but only if your Order has not been readied for dispatch.
If you do not leave delivery instructions your Order will be marked as ‘Authority to Leave’ and the courier will determine a safe place to leave that Order without signature.
You may request ‘Authority to Leave’ together with specific delivery instructions. For example; nominate a dry secure place, such as a verandah or carport (your Order will not be left outside the boundary line of your delivery address).
Under ‘Authority to Leave’, your Order shall be left at your risk. Neither we nor the Contracted Courier company will be held responsible for any goods missing from that Order.
6. DELIVERY CHARGE
The delivery charge, if any, is calculated in the checkout during checkout process, and is based on your Order total and delivery location.
7. ORDER STATUS ADVICES
On completion of your Order after checkout you will receive emails advising:
- Order Confirmation; and
- Fulfilment Confirmation; which may or may not contain a link to the Contract Courier’s website for shipment tracking purposes.
Should you not receive these advices please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. ORDER DELIVERY
All Orders are courier delivered unless ‘collected by you’. ‘Collected by you’ means you the customer directly collect or arrange collection via third party from one of our warehouse facilities by prior arrangement. In the event and order is ‘collected by you’ The Moving Box Company will assume no liability for damage, loss of goods or any other claim arising post the point collection has occurred.
Delivery is to 16,000 postcodes throughout Australia – Northern Territory, Queensland, ACT, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia. We do not deliver to some remote locations.
Delivery is arranged as follows:
- The time taken from when your Order departs The Moving Box Company’s fulfilment centre to when it arrives at your door is the EXPECTED shipping time. Shipping to some localities is expected 1 to 2 Business Days after despatch, other areas maybe 3-7 Business Days or longer after despatch. Delivery time cannot be guaranteed.
- Weather related delivery delays can occur and are not within The Moving Box Company’s control. Unfortunately, other shipping delays, while infrequent, do sometimes occur.
- We do not GUARANTEE a delivery date or provide a day of the week or time of day for delivery.
- We will not delay despatch and the Contract Courier will not hold your consignment to meet a future delivery date.
- We do not deliver on Weekends or Public Holidays.
- We do not deliver to Post Office addresses.
- Neither we nor the Contract Courier will call ahead to advise of delivery day/time.
We may not always be able to ‘delivery to your door’.
If you live in a rural community delivery will be to the Contract Courier’s nearest service depot, and you must arrange collection from that point.
Signature Required – Not in attendance to accept delivery.
If you are not in attendance and therefore unable to sign when the Contract Courier attempts delivery, your goods may be carted to the Contract Courier’s local depot.
- A card will be left in your letter box, advising delivery and/or collection options or instructions for your signature if required by the Contract Courier.
- If you arrange a re-delivery with the Contract Courier you must be present to sign and accept your order if required by the Contract Courier.
- Delivery instructions cannot be changed.
- You must contact the Contract Courier within 5 business days.
- The Contract Courier will hold your goods up to 5 business days after which your goods may be returned to us.
- All Orders that are returned to us, including occasions where you have entered an incorrect address, can be re-delivered on payment of a re-delivery fee. If in the event you do not respond to our request to arrange re-delivery and provide payment of the appropriate delivery fees determined by us, we may (at our discretion) refund your order minus any associated delivery fees incurred pertaining to your order.
9. DAMAGED OR MISSING ITEMS
Please check your Order immediately on delivery and please advise us of any discrepancies within 24 hours of receipt.
Your Order may comprise several bundles or packages. First check that you have received all your Order packages. If after completely unpacking all packages you establish that you are missing goods, please email email@example.com. We will rectify any mistake at The Moving Box Company’s cost. We will either send you the missing goods or issue a refund, at The Moving Box Company’s determination.
Should there be any damage to your Order items please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will either, at The Moving Box Company’s determination, arrange the despatch of a replacement or a refund for the damage. You must retain the damaged goods. For insurance purposes we may request you email a photo of the damage goods and/or have the local courier collect the goods for return.
We reserve the right to examine the veracity of any claim. Claims maybe denied when made after a ‘reasonable’ time frame has lapsed.
10. CONSUMER RIGHTS
As a consumer, under Australian Consumer Law, you are guaranteed that the goods you have purchased:
- Are of acceptable quality;
- Match the description given on this website; and
- Are fit for their intended purpose.
For more information about your rights please visit: www.consumerlaw.gov.au
Please email email@example.com should you have any concerns with your purchased goods.
11. DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION ON DAMAGES
You acknowledge and agree that each of the goods you purchase is of a size, design, and capacity selected by you and that the same is suitable for your intended purposes. Neither we nor any officer, director, employee, agent, or representative of The Moving Box Company has made any representations or warranties, neither oral nor in writing, with respect to the goods. To the extent permitted by Law, we expressly disclaim any and all warranties, express and implied, pertaining to the goods including, but not limited to, all warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose.
12. ORDER CANCELLATION
Requests for cancellation must be emailed via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You may request we cancel your Order, and we may agree but only if your Order status has not advanced beyond ‘Order Processed’. If we agree to cancel your Order you will be charged a $25.00 administration fee which will be deducted from the refund amount. Your refund amount, if any, will be credited to either your credit/debit card or PayPal account or other payment method used at our determination.
We do not accept Order cancellation:
- If your Order has despatched;
- In the event of delayed delivery; or
- If you change your mind.
13. EXCHANGES, REPLACEMENTS and RETURNS
All sales are final. We do not allow returns and we will not exchange or replace goods unless there is some condition or term outlined on this website which we have not met and have agreed in writing to allow.
We do not provide a refund of the sale amount for any goods delivered but not used. If you are unsure how many of the goods you will require, it is best to order less initially and organise for additional goods later.
14. CHANGES TO TERMS OF TRADE
We may, at any time, and in The Moving Box Company’s sole discretion, modify these Terms. Such modifications will be effective immediately upon posting on this website (www.themovingboxcompany.com.au). You agree to review these Terms periodically.